Reporting to the Lead Hand, the Landscape Labourer works as a member of the landscape team taking daily direction from the Lead Hand. The Labourer is a hardworking, dependable, physically fit labourer who is aware of commonly used practices in the landscape industry.
- Serves as a working crew member to complete landscape projects such as hardscape, landscape install, fence and decks, and sign maintenance.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, equipment inspection reports
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all company owned/rented equipment including tools and machinery.
- Ensures compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects and the Ontario Building Code.
- Ensures compliance with the organization's policies and procedures including health & safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned including snow removal during the winter months.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
- WHMIS, Working at Heights and tool/equipment training with valid record of training.
- Physically fit with the ability to carry, lift up to 100 lbs
- Previous work experience in landscape is an asset
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team/group
- Dependable and reliable with the ability to take direction
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to "firstname.lastname@example.org". We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activagroup.ca